ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION KINDERGARTEN AND PRE-KINDERGARTEN
ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION KINDERGARTEN AND PRE-KINDERGARTEN - September 2020
Welcome to P.S. 316!
Normally, registration (also referred to as pre-registration or enrollment) would be completed in school, face-to-face, with your child present, paper and pencil. This year, registration will be completed virtually, online.
STEP #1 - Complete Enrollment forms
From the DOE main website: ( https://www.schools.nyc.gov/ ):
click: Enrollment / Enrollment Help / Enrollment Forms
or, click to go directly to Enrollment forms:
These are PDF Fillable forms. Each form is available in ten languages.
Most Kindergarten families will need to complete six Enrollment forms
Most Pre-Kindergarten families will complete five Enrollment forms.
- Student Registration Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- KINDERGARTEN ONLY - Home Language Identification Survey (HLIS)
- PRE-K ONLY - Pre-K Language Needs Survey
- Housing Questionnaire
- Parent-Guardian-Student Ethnic/Race Identification (PSE)
- KINDERGARTEN ONLY - Kindergarten New Admit Questionnaire
- ONLY IF NEEDED: Parent Affidavit of Residency
For the best experience filling out and submitting forms, please follow these instructions:
How to Fill Out Forms on Your Computer
- Open the form, download it, save it to your computer, close it.
- For the best experience, open Adobe Reader software program on your computer and then open the form from there. This software is available for free download at: get.adobe.com/reader(Open external link).
- Fill out, sign and date, and save the form.
- IMPORTANT: Re-Name the form:
How to Fill Out Forms on Your Phone or Tablet
- Download the Adobe Fill & Sign: Easy PDF Doc & Form Filler app for Android(Open external link) or Apple(Open external link) devices.
- Fill out, sign and date, and send your form directly from the app.
- IMPORTANT: Re-Name the form:
Please note: Some forms are digitally accessible (optimized for screen readers) and others are not yet; DOE is working to provide updated accessible versions of all forms by the end of June 2020.
STEP #2 - Gather Your Documents
In addition to completing the registration forms, certain documentation must be submitted to the school:
- child's birth certificate or passport
- two proofs of address (such as lease, utility bill, etc.)
- immunization records
The detailed checklist of documents needed from parents for pre-registration can be found here:
From the DOE main website ( https://www.schools.nyc.gov/ ):
click: /Enrollment/Enrollment Grade-by-Grade/Kindergarten(or Pre-K)/Documents/Pre-Registration Checklist
or, click to go directly to the Pre-Registration Checklist:
Gather your documents. Scan, and save to your computer.
Name your documents following the same format as for the enrollment forms:
Note: If your child has an IEP, or underwent the Turning-5 process, please also submit two sections of the IEP:
- Recommended SpEd Programs and Services
- Summary Page
STEP #3 - Email the completed Enrollment forms and your documents, as attachments, to P.S. 316.
Once you have submitted your forms and documents, within about a week you will receive an email confirmation from us that we have received them.
Stay in touch with the school community…
PS 316 School website: http://www.ps316brooklyn.org/
PS 316 PTA website: https://ps316pta.membershiptoolkit.com/